Wednesday 1 April 2009

Kindness

On Monday when i got to work i realised that i had lost the key to my set of drawers at my desk. I was convinced that i had lost it because before i left the house, i checked it and it was there. So when i got to work, despite having emptied all the contents from my unnecessarily big big handbag, it was nowhere to be found. So i concluded that it must have fallen out when i was pulling my coin purse out for my bus fare.

Then there was this whole palaver of trying to pick the lock with two paper clips (as if) and then me worrying about the important documents that i need and also about the fact that i have about 3001 teabags locked in my drawers that i can't get into !!!!!

I eventually gave up and decided to submit a request for someone in the estate department of the university to come and unlock the drawers and the waiting list was so long they could only come two days later !!! Can you imagine my panic, TWO WHOLE DAYS without my teabags??!!! NOOOOOO...

So this morning I was walking towards the bus stop and thinking to myself, i might find it at the bus stop (fat chance). And then suddenly, there it was, sitting on a fence in front of a house !! My precious little black key, just sitting there waiting for me to pick it up !!! And all of a sudden i was flooded with these giant waves of gratitude and appreciation for the kindness that is still existent in this present society. Some kind soul had found the key on the floor and left it on a fence for the 'desperate' owner to come find it !! (of course i was a little worried it might end up not being my key coz after all, keys do tend to look similar). But when i got to work, the key slotted perfectly into its hole and magically opened me up to my sources of my beloved tea !! blisssss....

It's little acts of kindness like these that make the world a better place to live in. I was contemplating leaving a little note to say 'thank you' and sticking it on the fence but would that seem a little too crazy?

Anyway, whoever it was, a big 'thank you'. Although it was not pressing matter to get to my drawers it was comforting to know that people still look out for one another, in some ways.

7 comments:

Doria Robert said...

so glad that u hv found ur keys.some ppl do still look our for one another not many u can find in msia.if u lost sth here..definitely u'll never c it again..so dont wori now-relax and enjoy ur tea!

Unknown said...

That's a heartwarming tale... Little acts of kindness lifts one's spirits, and eventhough I get lots of forwarded emails about this, knowing that it actually happened put a smile on my face.

ash said...

Oops that was me. I was checking hubby's email again. Ashley

PengPeng彬彬 said...

ash you made me laugh. i was just screwing up my eyebrows thinking hard if i knew any leon and then i read the next comment. hehe.

Betty said...

i agree wit doria. if m'sia, sure the keys would be lost already.anyway, glad that u can enjoy your tea again. btw, what's the flavour?

PengPeng彬彬 said...

i've got camomile, traditional english, chai and earl grey !!

ash said...

Why no updates on blog and FB? You ok?

Post a Comment

It is great to read your comments so please feel free to do so.