Thursday 16 June 2011

Change.

So it's a bit strange right now. I've been waiting for this moment for quite sometime. And when you've been in such anticipation for something to take place, quite often the reality of it is somehow quite different from what you've imagined.

I've always known that i'll miss sitting opposite DSC, but I didn't expect to feel....lonely. In my previous job, there is me, DSC sitting opposite me, and my boss in her room but still near enough to shout for me, asking me what the date was. So when I found out I was moving to a bigger department with a much bigger group of colleagues, I was ecstatic. I said to DSC, finally a chance to mingle in a REAL office environment, with more than 3 people in the office. I was so wrong. In a much, much bigger office, everybody minds their own business and you feel more lonely than ever, especially if you're new and everything seemed so unfamiliar. I told DSC today that I felt like Joey in 'Friends' when he moved out temporarily from Chandler's apartment on his own. Lonely, 'office' sick and lost. DSC assured me that things will get better through time but we'll see. The highlight of the day is DSC bringing me my favourite chocolate - kinder bueno with White chocolate. I was almost reduced to tears by the kind gesture. The only consolation in this is that I've only moved to the office next door so I still get to see DSC, which is comforting. But the downside is when the old boss couldn't find the marker pens in the stationery cupboard, she decides to go to your new office instead of sending you an email about it, or look more closely in the cupboard.

Anyway, tomorrow is another training day so I'd better go to bed now. Good night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lonely and Lost

Chin up! Everything will be fine in no time. I'm sure everyone is just letting you settle in before they start in on the intrusive questions which made you feel so at home in your last team... Soon you will feel Bothered and Harassed and will be wishing for a bit of solitude.
DSC.xoxo

Audrey Koh said...

Babe... CONGRATS!!!! of course you'll feel the blues for a while but when the work comes pouring, it will be like the all familiar torrential storms so brace yourself. Happy for u.. hugs!

PengPeng彬彬 said...

Hey Audrey my dear, thank you for those kind words. I am bracing myself for the coming projects :)

Hope you're well :)

Xx

Anonymous said...

成人私聊 , qq聊天找情人 , 网上裸聊qq , 开放女qq号 , 女人寂寞m直播间 , 同城视频聊天一夜情 , 夜寂寞聊天直播间 , 面对面聊天室 , pf聊天室 , 免费的现场裸聊

Post a Comment

It is great to read your comments so please feel free to do so.