Saturday 5 September 2009

What a week !!

So much has happened this week.

Since I got back into work on Tuesday it has been non-stop and that's understandable seeing that the Conference is only one week away. For the whole of last week, I've been slaving in front of the computer and staring at the screen so hard that my eyes turned red... but on Friday, after several hours of seemingly hard work, I paused and asked myself.... what have I actually done all day?? It was one of those days that makes you feel like you're rushing around like a blue-arsed fly but there is no concrete proof or result to equate all that hard work!! Not to mention that my current stress level is at an all time high because there are just so many things I haven't done... like preparing the Conference packs for all 60 delegates; doing name badges; devising a taxi order list; dinner guests list... and the list goes on !!! Helppppp !!!!!! And it didn't help that amongst all that stress, I had to deal with rude and arrogant swines who think too highly of themselves........ !!!

Despite all that, it was a very very happy week for me because 1. I got Fuzzer (and having replaced the battery it is now running like newww) and 2. I'm blogging from a brand, spanking new Macbook that I've been craving for ages but knew I could never afford. During our holidays in Turkey, I have had some time to think about it and decided to follow Steve's advice (he knows how much I would love having a Mac), so as soon as I came home, I packed the Acer that I got on my birthday(poor thing) back into its original box, thank god I hadn't used it much, and took it back to the shop to be returned (thank god for refunding policy)... and that very afternoon, we placed an order for me Macbook with a really good deal and was told that I would receive it two days later (yippie). And that made Steve happy as well knowing that I would now thoroughly enjoy the birthday present that he got me (hooray).

So all in all, it was a happy week for me and am still learning my way through the Apple's operating system and the more I learn, the more impressed I am and am still waiting to 'uncover' more treasure !!!

By the way, the good deal which I got was the fact that the Macbook practically came with a free Ipod Touch (cost me £20); and there was an additional 14% off the Mac... and I got three year Apple Protection Cover for just £40 !!! Super duper good deal it was !!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It is great to read your comments so please feel free to do so.