Monday 27 July 2009

It's not that bad after all.


My work can be nice sometimes.

There are people who call me by my first name because they think I've got an interesting and nice name (I've not heard that one before, certainly not in Malaysia, in primary and secondary school when I used to get bullied to death because of my name).

There are people who you can take the mickey of and have a laugh with because you see them everyday at the till and you get to know them.

There are very elderly people who are always very nice and polite and who say 'thank you' to you like a million times just because you pack their shopping for them.

There are people who are probably very lonely and are always desperate for a quick chat at the till.

There are people who think I look 23 rather than 33 (bless, they're probably being polite)... I always say it comes with being Asian, haha (Bea and Fely would agree).

There are children who smile at you and say 'hello' to you in the cutest and sweetest voice.

So there you go, I tell myself, it's not that bad after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It is great to read your comments so please feel free to do so.