Saturday 25 July 2009

Picnic

After two weeks of miserable weather, summer is finally back so we decided to have an impromptu picnic on Evening Hill overlooking Poole Harbour.



If I had known I would use the camera on my mobile so much, I would have opted for a Blackberry Curve with a 3.2megapixel camera instead of a Bold with 2megapixel because this picture just doesn't do the view any justice at all.

Poole Harbour is the second largest natural harbour in the world (Sydney being the first) and it's a famous spot for watersporting activities like wind-surfing, sailing, kite-surfing, jet-skiing and kayaking. And Sandbanks beach which is located along Poole Harbour, is famous for its high property value. Being the world's fourth most expensive place to live in the world, you can imagine that some of the property there is owned by very rich and famous people. Everytime Steve and I drive past Sandbanks we always try and have a peek inside the grand and beautiful houses and point to a random house and say, "Oh, there's our future home !!" Haha, in our wildest dreams. One can dream, can't they?!

So we threw together some bits and pieces like cooked king prawns in a sweet chillie dip, bread, crisps and a huge box of fruit salad each (with nectarine, pineapple, watermelon and strawberry) which I thoroughly enjoyed.



So after the snack, it was time for a snooze and while I was lying down on the bench I saw this plate and took a picture.



I just think it's extremely sweet to be remembered of so fondly by someone. I wonder if 100 years from now, that bench will still be there with the reminder of how John Herriman used to love Evening Hill.

Then I suddenly noticed that there's a blackberry bush nearby and some of the fruits are ready for picking (me and fruit-picking always go together).



So with the empty container that we had our fruit salad in I started picking the fruits but only ended up with a miserable handful of the fruits which didn't even warrant a picture with the Blackberry.

Hopefully tomorrow the weather is nice again and we can go cycling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It is great to read your comments so please feel free to do so.